Σάββατο 24 Δεκεμβρίου 2011

Let’s talk about joy.

Under the glooming void of the economical crisis in Greece, having to pay like a bazillion of illegal and unjust taxes, with all my time being spent between my job and my Master Degree, still find myself some time to enjoy. I don’t want to bitch again so here are some of the mindless stupid stuff I enjoyed doing the previous weeks.

Messing on e-bay

My soft spot is Videogames. Of course. Don’t act surprised god dammit! So, messing on Ebay for retro systems and games was one of my favorite pass-time. It’s like window shopping that saves the employees of folding the stuff again. The problem is, I bought nothing but a fridge filter and a couple of cheap Game Gear stuff. Super Nintendo US to PAL converter, I’ll get you next time, I promise. That goes to you too Master System Converter 2.

The channel of Superpowerless.

The guy is awsome. I ‘ve kinda lost him after his amazing 8-bit mix of Wonderwall by Oasis. After his Youtube video went down, I completely lost track of him. Now I’ve found him and he’s in full range of creativity. The “Throwing Shapes” and “Wasting Μy Life” are the best among his originals.

My old consoles on a big ass screen

image

OK, just to get it clear. I hate Sega Megadrive on big screen. It’s just awful to look at. Since I have an ΜΚ2, the RGB encoder chip is utter shite while on RGB.

BUT, now I can play all the consoles on my television set, including my Super Nintendo and Sega Dreamcast. We found a way to conviniently plug everything to the television and hide the cable chaos behind the whole set. So, clear gaming den is clear and awesome.

I just wish I had an Megadrive MK1 with an RGB cable…

Rayman Origins and Sonic CD

If you consider yourself a gamer that plays quality games, go and buy Rayman Origins. Like NOW.

Sonic CD on the Xbox360 is totally the best port from an old console to a new HD machine to date. It supports widescreen, there is no pixel bleeding even with the “blurry” effect enabled and they included the JAP/EU soundtrack because the US one SUCKS.

Dumb running Sonics

I’m tempted to install the Adobe Imageready just to draw a 3 frame animation of sonic running like an idiot.

Aaaand that’s pretty much it.

I’m making a new post about techie stuff, but I need some TIME, which saddly I don’t have. :( So, there WILL be delays… Till then, tell me, what gave you joy lately?

Last minute entry: THIS GUY THAT’S SHY

384890_10150577762415120_563190119_11135145_848602746_n

Crafted and gifted to me by my friend Cubilone. The best christmas card ever.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου