Παρασκευή 27 Μαΐου 2011

Marioland’s land and Marioland International blogs are now a distant memory in the past

old bannerWhen it comes to blogging, I’m not a stranger. Erasing my old blogs right now taught me a valuable lesson: We need to go on, get better and sometimes simplier. Here’s how my blogging face as Marioland (I still AM Marioland by the way…) began its journey through the blogosphere.

The story of Marioland’s land is a simple one: I wanted to write a blog about video games and other personal stuff. It was created in an internet cafe. The actual banner was made using paint.net – a free program that the net cafe owners had installed.

It wasn’t anything extravagant. I was young and kind of duche (I even added watermarks to pictures I didn’t own.

BUT, that blog gave me that wonderful position as a games reviewer. It wasn’t too long after I started posting, that some people noticed me. By the time I left a comment at their site, they Immediately recognised my Google Account and I’ve been offered the position. I love it so far and I’ll keep doing it until it becomes professional. Ο Γελαστούλης χαμογελάει πλατιά

The blog was mostly in Greek. The layout had the principle of “white font in black background” that I keep until this very day. I’ve gotta say goodbye to my very first blog.

Αντίο, Marioland’s land

mariolandslandinternational old banner

Το Marioland’s land international δημηουργήθηκε για να μπορώ να βρίσκομαι σε επικοινωνία με φίλους απο το εξωτερικό. Μετά απο την καταπληκτική εμπειρεία μου με το Erasmus, ένιωσα την ανάγκη να επικοινωνώ με τα άτομα που έκανα παρέα.

Έτσι, δημιούργησα το εν λόγω blog που ξεκίνησε σαν ενα δευτερεύον, που θα φέρει μεταφρασμένες στα αγγλικά δημοσιεύσεις του πρώτου.

Μετά απο δύο-τρείς αναρτήσεις, άρχησε να αποκτά ενα δικό του ταμπεραμέντο που νίκησε εν τέλει το ελληνικό του αδερφάκι. Το Marioland’s land International έγινε το κυρίως ιστιολόγιό μου αποκλειστικά στα αγγλικά. Απέκτησα μερικούς φανατικούς και μερικούς όχι-και-τόσο φανατικούς αναγνώστες απο όλες τις χώρες οι οποίοι εν τέλει είτε έπαψαν να bloggaρουν στα δικά τους ιστιολόγια, είτε έπαψαν να ασχολούνται με το δικό μου. Δεν πειράζει όμως, το Marioland’s Land International είναι και παραμένει το blog στο οποίο έβαλα όλο μου το μεράκι έτσι ωστε να έρθουμε σήμερα στο παρόν blog.

Did you notice the language swich? I did it on purpose. Why? Because I wanted to present the blogs to the people who didn’t know jack about them because of the language.

As for my old posts, you can look through Unlockment Achieved to find and re-read them.

So, until next time, Unlockment Achieved.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου